I’m Paul Mason, Newsnight’s economics editor, a job that takes me from Kenyan shanty towns to Russian hedge funds and Chinese factories. My blog is called Idle Scrawl. It veers wildly across the subject: from house prices, to global poverty; from deconstructing glib terminology to devastating critiques of the England football management. It is occasionally meant to be funny.
- 9.12.2010: Dubstep rebellion – the British banlieue comes to Millbank
- In other news…crisis in the eurozone
- Men Should Weep: glorious realism, but reality was worse
- China: Don’t mess with the iron house
- Gary, Indiana: Unbroken spirit amid the ruins of the 20th Century
- Tony Curtis RIP: The lost art of complex realism
- The Gospel according to Glenn Beck: Tea Party must tread carefully
- England: The Lehman Brothers of football
- Ten theses on Twitter
- What’s wrong with Britain?