- Peter Hitchens (winner of the Orwell Prize for Journalism 2010)
- Sunder Katwala (general secretary of the Fabian Society, longlisted for the Blog Prize 2011)
- Iain McLean (official fellow in politics at Nuffield College, professor of politics at the University of Oxford)
- Joan Smith (journalist, author and supporter of Republic)
- Gerry Stoker (professor of politics and governance at the University of Southampton)
- Chaired by Jodie Ginsberg (UK and Ireland bureau chief, Thomson Reuters)
- Shortlist announcement by Jean Seaton (director of the Orwell Prize)
This year’s Orwell Prize shortlists will be announced at Thomson Reuters, Canary Wharf on Tuesday 26th April, ahead of a debate on ‘is it time to make monarchy history?’
There will be drinks from 6.30pm, with this year’s Orwell Prize shortlists – for the Book Prize, Journalism Prize and Blog Prize – being announced at 7pm. The debate will follow the shortlist announcements.
Entry is free, but places are limited, so RSVP to email@example.com is essential. Please feel free to share the invitation with friends and colleagues.
Shortlist debate image courtesy of www.lydialeith.com.
- Book Prize Longlist 2011
- Journalism Prize Longlist 2011
- Blog Prize Longlist 2011
- SBS Dateline (Australia): Royal Wedding Rebels
- Shortlist Debate 2010: has the political class been fatally weakened? (video)
- Shortlist Debate 2009: are political parties bankrupt? (video)
- Shortlist Debate 2008: has the Left stopped thinking? (video)