- Gaby Hinsliff (journalist and former political editor of The Observer, blogger, judge of the Orwell Prize for Blogs 2011, author of Half A Wife)
- Martin Moore (director of the Media Standards Trust, co-founder of the Hacked Off campaign, author of The Origins of Modern Spin)
- Lance Price (former journalist, former director of communications for the Labour Party, author of The Spin Doctor’s Diary and Where Power Lies: Prime Ministers v the Media)
- David Smith (economics editor of the Sunday Times, panellist at our 2010 event on the economy)
- Chaired by Jean Seaton (director of the Orwell Prize, professor of media history at the University of Westminster)
So far, the courtroom drama of the Leveson Inquiry into press ethics has featured journalists, editors and victims of press intrusion in the lead roles – but the relationship between politicians and the press will soon be centre stage. A former national political editor, a campaigner for the public inquiry and historian of spin, and former spin doctor and journalist consider what the next act might be for politics and the press.