This blog covers a variety of topics from US foreign policy to European politics and the Middle East – and whatever else happens to be in the news or catch my attention. I joined the FT as chief foreign affairs commentator in 2006, after a 15-year career at The Economist which included stints as a correspondent in Brussels, Bangkok and Washington. I write a weekly column on foreign affairs, which appears in the paper on Tuesdays.
- Military manners in Afghanistan
- How Gaddafi upstaged Obama
- Visiting Auschwitz
- In Hebron market
- Is there such a thing as an Afghan army?
- Doom, tantrums and walk-outs in Davos
- Latvian prime ministers and book-shops
- On being Drudged
- Gypsies, Jews, feminists and the Hungarian far right
- Ten best political films