I’m Paul Mason, Newsnight’s economics editor, a job that takes me from Kenyan shanty towns to Russian hedge funds and Chinese factories. My blog is called Idle Scrawl. It veers wildly across the subject: from house prices, to global poverty; from deconstructing glib terminology to devastating critiques of the England football management. It is occasionally meant to be funny.
- Fannie Mae: The credit crunch meets the F-word
- Bank balance sheets become focus of scrutiny
- China Week: Yellow Earth and the girls in the hotel bar…
- Hold on, how did this become the “pipeline war”?
- Crisis, yes crisis – Blanchflower calls for big rate cut
- The working class election (but not here!)
- American Journey: I finally get to see Motown
- Lehman, AIG, Merrill: Is this December 1930?
- Day Four. Policymakers stare into the abyss
- Pretty big steps. Does the real Minsky Moment lie ahead?