Bronwen Maddox is Chief Foreign Commentator of The Times, in which she writes the World Briefing. From 1996 to 1999, she was the paper’s Washington Bureau Chief and US Editor. Previously, she was at the Financial Times, where she was an investigative reporter.
- Putin raises spectre of nuclear war in Europe
- Courageous and liberal, yes – but an unreliable partner for the West
- In the 21st century a venerable brains trust may be dragged down by the weight of its past
- Wishful thinking will not cure economic ills
- Cracks under surface of the £5bn Labour mission for world’s poor
- It is misleading for ministers to claim moral victory for this game of bluff