As well as writing a column for The Observer, Henry Porter has published six novels, including the recent The Dying Light and Brandenburg (which won the Ian Fleming Crime Writers’ Association Steel Dagger as the best thriller of 2005). He has also written one non-fiction title, Lies Damned Lies, a study of truthfulness in British journalism. He has written for the Sunday Times, The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph and the Evening Standard. He is the London editor of Vanity Fair magazine.
- Each DNA swab brings us closer to a police state
- There’s no justice in locking up suspects for 56 days
- We must not tolerate this putsch against our freedoms
- A mass movement is needed to tackle the state’s snoopers
- At last the great divide is coming into focus