Mary Beard is a wickedly subversive commentator on both the modern and the ancient world. She is a professor in classics at Cambridge and classics editor of the TLS.
- Send a gunboat – or a cruise missile
- Dixon of Dock Green On-line
- Transparency is the new opacity
- Taking the speed awareness course
- Does college need a new grace?
- What were job references like in the old days?
- Keeping out the academic terrorists
- 10 things you shouldn’t believe about A levels
- How (not) to buy a subsidised bicycle
- Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo: what was Catullus on about?