Catherine Mayer is London Bureau Chief for TIME, covering the U.K. and Ireland, as well as Germany and wider European themes and subjects. She has also worked as Senior Editor for TIME Europe, Middle East and Africa. In November 2010, Mayer received an award for Story of the Year at the 2010 Foreign Press Association Media Awards for her cover story on British Prime Minister David Cameron’s first official visit to the U.S. She has previously worked for Focus magazine, Germany’s leading news weekly; International Management, the journal of European Business; Business Traveller magazine; and The Economist. Her book Amortality: The Pleasures and Perils of Living Agelessly will be published by Vermilion, an imprint of Random House, in May 2011.
- This is the House that Ireland Built
- Defense of the Realm: Britain’s Armed Forces Crisis
- David Cameron: A Question of Character
- Unruly Britannia: Can This Coalition Government Work?
- David Cameron: Here Comes the Junior Partner
- Reshaping British Politics from Within