Paul Vallely writes on social, ethical and religious issues. He is a former executive editor of the Independent on Sunday and of The Sunday Times News Review. He has previously reported from over 30 countries and was the Africa correspondent for The Times. He has written a number of books including Bad Samaritans: First World Ethics and Third World Debt and Promised Lands, a study of land reform in the Philippines, Brazil and Eritrea. He is the editor of The New Politics: Catholic Social Teaching for the 21st Century and A Place of Redemption: a Christian approach to punishment and prison.
- The Britain he leaves behind
- Gordon Brown and the making of a Prime Minister
- Terry Eagleton: Class warrior
- Wahhabism: A deadly scripture
- Gertrude Himmelfarb: Brown’s guru
- May contain Knutsford