Home affairs editor, The Independent
Robert Verkaik is the home affairs editor and law editor for The Independent. Before joining The Independent around 10 years ago, he was a court reporter.
- Sent back by Britain. Executed in Darfur
- Guilty: Britain admits collusion, new torture claims emerge
- Will the release of secret documents allow the real story of the Batang Kali massacre to be told?
- Britain’s Abu Ghraib
- Does this picture show British soldiers broke Geneva Conventions?
- BNP links to immigration service staff