Economics leader writer, The Guardian
Aditya Chakrabortty is economics leader writer and columnist for the Guardian. He has previously worked as a senior producer on the BBC Ten o’clock News and on Newsnight. He has also written for the Telegraph, the Financial Times, the FT Magazine, and the New Statesman.
- The Welfare State, 1942-2013 Obituary: after decades of public illness, Beveridge’s most famous offspring has died – The Guardian, 08/01/2013
- This is a dangerous time to push the property market. The chancellor won’t invest – yet he’s happy for us to – The Guardian, 25/03/2013
- I once called Richard Branson a carpetbagger. The truth is, he is even more subsidy-hungry than I thought – The Guardian, 10/06/2013
- Long hours and low pay – the story of the woman who nearly died making your iPad – The Guardian, 05/08/2013
- Police are cracking down on students – but what possible threat to law and order is an over-articulate history graduate? – The Guardian, 18/11/2013
- Outside looking in: how the UK trails the world on a great British invention – The Guardian, 03/12/2013