Journalism prize winner
Foreign Correspondent, The Guardian, The London Review of Books
Ghaith Abdul-Ahad is an Iraqi journalist, who has reported from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and Libya. He is a Guardian foreign correspondent, and writes regularly for the London Review of Books.
- How to Start a Battalion (in Five Easy Lessons) – London Review of Books, 21/02/2013
- Diary – London Review of Books, 08/08/2013
- Syria’s oilfields create surreal battle lines amid chaos and tribal loyalties – The Guardian, 25/06/2013
- Syria’s al-Nusra Front – ruthless, organised and taking control – The Guardian, 10/07/2013
- ‘Syria is not a revolution any more – this is civil war’ – The Guardian,18/11/2013